Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 21st Sick Day

Well you know it was going to happen sooner or later, well today was the day. We did not dive today as Greg woke up with a bad stomach bug and my ears are completely blocked so we sat out today. You know you can plan and take vitamins and work out 5 days a week to build up your stamina but it still finally gets to you.  Greg has been in bed all day and since I can not hear anyone I layed in the other twin bed reading a book entitled " The land beneath the Wind". The author Agnes Keith ( an American) married to a Brit, moves with her husband to Borneo in 1939. The book tells of her adventures into this new life as well as the people and lives she interacts with during this time. It is very interesting in the fact that alot of things she has encountered back then still holds true today while we are here. On our last day we hope to visit her house and have high tea.

 We have one more day of diving tomorrow if we are up to it and then Monday morning we are off to 4 days in the rainforest to observe the wildlife there including, elephants, monkeys and of course the famous orangatangs. As you can well image I am very excited by that as they are one of my favorites.

Well I guess more tomorrow as we hope all goes well and I hope all is well back in the old USA...

No comments:

Post a Comment